Amazing News!! OCCI-ACI a Success!!!
The Ontario Council on Community Interpreting (OCCI) and the Association of Professional Language Interpreters (APLI) have been swamped with applications from interpreters interested in obtaining the credential of “Accredited Community Interpreter (ACI).”
The title of Accredited Community Interpreter (ACI) will be the credential to look for when hiring an interpreter in the legal, healthcare, social services, education and private sectors.
Multi-Languages support to Accredited Community Interpreters (ACI)
Because we are committed to provide the highest quality services and only retain top talent, Multi-Languages has adopted and endorsed the National Standards and the LITP since the very beginning and fully supports the newly established accreditation.
Multi-Languages had the privilege of being involved in the process of creating the ACI. We strongly believe it is one of the best interpreter accreditation structures we have seen.
Our support of the new ACI credential includes:
- An additional point within our tier-level system to interpreters with ACI credentials
- Preferential booking for interpreters with ACI credentials
- Preferential rate for interpreters with ACI credentials
- Subsidy of 25% of the ACI application fee to the first 15 of our interpreters who obtain ACI
- Raffle of $100 cash among our interpreters who obtain ACI by October 31, 2015
Supporting ACI is not an expense, it is an investment!
We ask all interpreters to consider obtaining the accreditation as soon as possible. The ACI credential will bring several benefits to interpreters, clients, Interpreting Service Providers and more importantly, to those members of our society who need interpreting services.
ACI will be mandatory criteria in the future.